* Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-057
* Project: DrupalChat (third-party module)
* Version: 7.x
* Date: 2017-July-05
* Security risk: 16/25 ( Critical)
* Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery
UPDATE (2017-07-12): This SA originally recommended version 2.6, but it was
incorrectly tagged. We've updated the SA to recommend version 2.7.
DrupalChat allows visitors of your Drupal site to chat with each other
privately or together in a public chatroom.
The module did not confirm the validity of a chat request, resulting in a
Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerability which enables an attacker to
trick a user to send arbitrary chat messages to any user. The
The module did not filter administrator provided text, leading to a Cross
Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
* DrupalChat 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.7.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed DrupalChat
module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
* If you use the DrupalChat module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to DrupalChat
Also see the DrupalChat project page: https://www.drupal.org/project/drupalchat