* Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-017
* Project: Flag clear (third-party module)
* Version: 7.x
* Date: 2017-February-15
* Security risk: 10/25 ( Moderately Critical)
* Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
The Flag clear module allows administrators to remove user flags for content.
This functionality is often useful in user-submission use-cases, where users
do not necessarily need to unflag things on their own.
The module doesn't sufficiently protect from CSRF attacks. The unflagging
links do not include a token.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must be
targeting users with the 'clear flags' role. They must also discover a valid
combination of flag, content and user IDs for flagged content.
* All Flag clear module versions prior to 7.x-2.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Flag clear
module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
* If you use the Flag clear module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Flag clear
Also see the Flag clear project page.