* Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-015
* Project: Hotjar (third-party module)
* Version: 7.x, 8.x
* Date: 2017-February-15
* Security risk: 12/25 ( Moderately Critical)
* Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to add the Hotjar tracking system to your website.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize the Hotjar ID when including
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role
with the permission "administer hotjar".
* Hotjar 7.x-1.x versions before 7.x-1.2
* Hotjar 8.x-1.x versions before 8.x-1.0
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Hotjar module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
* If you use the Hotjar module for Drupal 7.x upgrade to Hotjar 7.x-1.2
* If you use the Hotjar module for Drupal 8.x upgrade to Hotjar 8.x-1.0
Also see the Hotjar project page.