* Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-030
* Project: Password Reset Landing Page (PRLP)
* Version: 8.x
* Date: 2017-March-08
* Security risk: 16/25 ( Critical)
* Vulnerability: Access bypass, Privilege escalation
This module adds a form on the password-reset-landing page to allow changing
the password of the user during the log in process.
The module does not sufficiently validate all access tokens, which allows an
attacker to change the password of any arbitrary user and gain access to
In order to exploit, the attacker must have an active account on the site.
* PRLP versions prior to 8.x-1.3
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Password Reset
Landing Page (PRLP) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
* If you use the PRLP module for Drupal 8.x, upgrade to PRLP 8.x-1.3
(the latest 8.x release as of this advisory date).
Also see the Password Reset Landing Page (PRLP) project page: https://www.drupal.org/project/prlp