* Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-064
* Project: Better field descriptions (third-party module)
* Version: 7.x
* Date: 2017-Aug-09
* Security risk: 16/25 ( Critical)
* Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to add themeable descriptions to fields in forms.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize descriptions.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role
with the permission "add better descriptions to fields".
* Better field descriptions 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Better field
descriptions module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
* If you use the Better Field Descriptions module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Better field descriptions 7.x-1.2
Also see the Better field descriptions project page: https://www.drupal.org/project/better_field_descriptions