* Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-046
* Project: Drupal Remote Dashboard
* Version: 7.x, 8.x
* Date: 2017-May-10
* Security risk: 17/25 ( Critical)
* Vulnerability: Access bypass, Information Disclosure
UPDATE (2017-07-12): This SA originally only mentioned the Drupal 8 version of the module, but it was later discovered that this issue affected the Drupal 7 version as well. We've updated the SA for the Drupal 7 security release.
This module enables you to remotely access remote Drupal sites to monitor and manage them all from one central place.
The module doesn't sufficiently ensure that the system administrator uses a
strong enough encryption key per the requirements of the encryption type,
which leads to weak encryption for the communication between the management
dashboard and the remote site which could be decrypted by an adequately
* DRD 8.x-3.x versions prior to 8.x-3.2.
* DRD 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.10
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Drupal Remote Dashboard module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
* If you use the DRD module for Drupal 8.x, upgrade to DRD 8.x-3.2
* If you use the DRD module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to DRD 7.x-2.10
Also see the Drupal Remote Dashboard project page: https://www.drupal.org/project/drd